Sunday, July 01, 2007

Dad Gets Collier to Church; dressed and on-time!

Robbie was on call this weekend, yet this was the first Sunday to take Collier to Sunday School where everyone could see him (Collier's first trip to Church was on Father's Day).

Everyone oooo'd and ahhhhh'd and then turned to ask me where Robbie's was? I said she is at the hospital rounding on patients and they were shocked that I could get him feed, dressed and to Church on-time! I am like, "what do you mean?" But no one really answered my question.

So for all you dads out there, hear what I have to say....despite what the world my think, WE can get our kids up, feed, bathed, dressed and to Church all on our own if necessary and we can get them there in one piece and on-time!

We are taught that the mom's are the nurturers; but I am here to tell you that DADs can choose to nuture too! So Dads, go out there and prove the world wrong! Make it happen!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job Russ!!! Keep up the good work. Love mom

The Nelson Family said...

Oh, I missed it! You'll have to do it again. (I trust you'll be doing the nurturing Dad thing all the time, so I'm sure I'll see :)

Anonymous said...

Way to go Russ (or should I say Mr. Mom!) We always knew men could do it, it was just a matter of getting them to do it. Way to be a good example for all the other dads out there! Keep up the good work!
Love, Patty Upshaw

Anonymous said...

Russ....WAY TO GO!!!!! Men CAN do it - you're the perfect proof! Robert was always fantastic with both of ours...some guys just choose NOT to do it and they are missing out! I haven't seen Collier yet - we've been in Colorado for 3 weeks...I can't wait to see him. I am so happy for you and Robbie!!!!! It's a real blessing to see how God is working through your family! Love you guys!