Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Day of Life Outside The Womb-1

Words cannot tell you the excitement and joy Robbie and I have in our hearts. Despite the fact that the adrenaline is wearing off and physical tiredness is setting in, we are still on cloud 100!

Because of privacy issues, we are unable to go into the details of Collier's birth...it is an interesting tale. Ask us about it and we will give you the details in person...but we can testify to the greatness and goodness of God!

Robbie and I are administrators. We plan things. And God in His great power decided our plans where worthless and He, of course, executed His own. I told Robbie on the way to Ft. Smith that God is so cool to make this so fun. Our plans would have been fun, but His plans were over the top with fun and excitement!

~God's timing is perfect!
~God's humor is fun and hilarious!
~God's plans are perfect and beyond anything we could ever dream up!
~God's grace is always more than sufficient!
~God's love is beyond any words I could use to describe it and so much more than I will ever deserve.

We are parents today because God chose to give us this special opportunity. Now we pray that we will demonstrate God's love through our obedience to Him and that Collier will realize his need for a savior early in his life!

We love all of you so much and are blessed by your encouragement and prayers. Please enjoy another set of pics below. We will see you soon!

Love--Russ & Robbie
___________________________________

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and Happy Birthday to Collier! God's grace and love are evident in these beautiful pictures of your sweet family. You are blessed to have each other! Prayers for you all. Enjoy and thank you for sharing.
Love,
Mike and Laura Ferguson

Melissa said...

I am so happy for you guys! Collier is a beautiful baby!! God's timing is always perfect and YES he does have a sense of humor. Congrats again! We will still be praying for you in the days ahead.

The Nelson Family said...

Yea!!! Praise God for such a sweet blessing! He is so precious and I just love him. His Uncle David cannot wait to meet him. We love you all so much!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous baby! I am so thrilled for ya'll!!!! Being an adoptive child myself, I know personally the joy and security this little guy is going to feel his entire life! What a very special and blessed little boy to have ya'll as parents! And yes, Russ, God DOES have a sense of humor...make no mistake about that. His timing is always perfect, as ya'll know with the arrival of Collier. Robert and I will be keeping ya'll in our prayers. Soak in every minutes - rest will come later when he's 22 years old! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA We love ya'll! Robert & Deborah Lindley

The Proctors said...

Congratulations Russ & Robbie! You will make wonderful parents. He is absolutely beautiful!! Can't wait to meet him!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Russ and Robbie. You will be wonderful parents. He is beautiful. I can't wait to see him.
Jenna Key

Aaron said...

Hey Guys! Congratulations and praise be to God for this little (huge) blessing! I just found out through my wife, from Sondra, from Carolyn, from Lynn, etc! :o)

I also, obviously, found your blog - so I'll be keeping up with you all now.

-Aaron S. Wilson

Anita said...

Congratulations on the birth of your baby! We are so happy for you guys and rejoice with you in this great blessing!!

My mom sent me this link to your blog. I am so glad that I could see the great pics of Collier (and you guys too!) You'll soon find out that no one comes to visit YOU anymore-they come to visit the baby!

Anita

Anita Wilson

Anita said...

sorry i put my name twice! i don't know what happened!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Russ and Robbie. I am so happy for you both. Collier is the perfect addition to your loving family. Can't wait to meet him. Again Congrats.
Brooke (the scrapbook girl)

Anonymous said...

He is so BEAUTIFUL!!! I am so happy for you guy! Can those smiles get any bigger? Give him smooches for me.

Love,
Sunshine

haley said...

oh he is so perfect!!! congrats and good luck... love you guys!!

Allen & Holli said...

Congratulations Russ & Robbie! Collier is a precious gift from God! We can't wait to meet him & hear your story of God bringing him to you!

Allen & Holli

Anonymous said...

Russ and Robbie, congratulations on your baby's arrival.... I share the excitment of your good news through Kristen who has kept us inform .... I am glad that everything is going great. God Bless!

Shawn and Tracy Studdard said...

Congratulations to all of you. What a blessing to have been given. I know how much Collier is loved already and know the two of you will make such wonderful parents. We will continue to keep you in our prayers. Praise God for His wonderful gifts!!

Love to all,
Shawn and Tracy Studdard

Christy Smyth said...

God chose the perfect parents for Collier!!We are so excited for you Dr. Rhodes...and you too! Chef Russ...collier will have plenty of angels watching over him....Can't wait to see him.......
God Bless!!!

Christy & Brandi