Sunday, March 14, 2010

Collier continues to grow and learn

The boy is eating us out of house and home! I think he is about to hit another growth spurt...hungry all the time! LOL

His 3 year birthday is coming up in May. I can't his 3rd birthday is practically here. Amazing!

His language skills have recently increased. He is making longer sentences and saying things we have never heard him say before. He will see things and say, "I hear a bird, Daddy!" He says stuff like this all the time! It is so cool to hear his voice.

Last night we were at Robbie's parent's house having dinner. He was in the living room playing with his train set. He came into the dinning room, grabbed my hand and ask me to please "sit-come" and play train. "Sit-Come" is his phrase for come and sit with me. Collier doesn't just sit and watch his train go around the track, he lies on his stomach so that he is at eye-level with his train. So I too had to be on my stomach, eye-level. As he was telling me all that the train was doing, I tear'd up, praising God that my son wants me down on my stomach to share this moment with him. I also thought how cool it must be to God when we "sit-come" with Him. There are so many similarities between my relationship between God and I and my relationship to my son.

Thank you God for reminding me to give you praise for the moments I get to share with my son. One day, God willing, he will be on the floor with his son or daughter, sit-coming with them and sharing moments like he and I did! I love being a Daddy!
Russ

No comments: